AS/NZS 4801:2001 & OHSAS 18001:2007 - Occupational Health and Safety Managment System
On the 6th of August 2015, Geostats was certified by SAI Global as complying with the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 & OHSAS 18001:2007 with the following scope:
Sales, design, manufacture and supply of quality certified reference materials, assay pills. Production includes crushing, blending, pulverising, analytical test work, packaging and despatch. Other activities include proficiency testing, laboratory surveys, quality consulting, monitoring and reporting.
A copy of our certificates can be downloaded by clicking here (4801)
and here (18001)
Health & Safety Policy
Geostats are committed to providing its services in a safe, efficient and responsible manner. We recognise that to achieve these goals we need the positive involvement and commitment of all levels of management including the active participation and support of our employees. Our aim is to preserve the health and safety of all workers and visitors to our premises.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide and maintain a working environment, plant and systems of work, so far as is practicable, such that employees are not exposed to hazards.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with information, instruction, training and supervision appropriate to the scope of work required.
- Consult and cooperate with employees on any matter that may affect their health and/or safety at work.
- Implement measurable safety targets to ensure all levels of management and employees hold safety as a critical responsibility and accountability.
- Encourage our people to identify, report, assess and control health and safety risks within the workplace.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations and other relevant requirements.
All employees are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety, and that of any other person that may be affected by their work activities. They are also required to comply with all instructions and directions established to provide a safe and healthy working environment.
Geostats Pty Ltd are committed to this Safety and Health Policy and shall review its content on an annual basis, in accordance with the review date set.
Geostats is committed to operating in a clean, green and sustainable way to ensure current as well as future generations are able to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, natural environment.
We will achieve this by:
- Building an assessment of environmental impacts into our business decisions
- Conducting regular environmental performance reviews
- Ensuring at a minimum standard that our activities comply with relevant environmental legislation and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Minimising the production of waste and promoting the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Training our employees in relation to environmental issues
- Minimising energy wastage by utilising renewable resources
- Ensuring continual improvement in environmental management practices, and integrating environmental considerations into our future planning and operations
Employee Well-Being Policy
Geostats are committed to the well-being of all its employees. We recognise that there are several factors that may affect an employees well-being. These include illness, fatigue, use of medication, stress, alcohol and illicit drugs.
As a result, we promote employee fitness for work and well-being values. Our objectives of the well-being policy are:
- Minimise workplace fatigue and stress levels by monitoring employee hours of work.
- Encourage our employees to take periodic annual leave to assist in maintaining the balance between work and family/ friends.
- Provide a smoke free work environment and promote exercise, healthy eating, lifestyle and inform employees of the dangers of illicit drugs, alcohol, fatigue, etc.
- Ensure that work procedures clearly prohibit employees having consumed illicit drugs or alcohol.
- Total commitment to the well-being of our employees by providing an open and friendly atmosphere at all times.
Geostats values its workers and is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, including implementing early intervention strategies with a focus on occupational rehabilitation, to facilitate an early and effective return to work process of any Geostats employees who are injured at work.
Where any worker is injured or suffers illness as a result of performing their workplace duties, we will ensure their condition is identified and treated as early as possible.
We recognise the right of all workers to rehabilitation following an injury. We are committed, as part of this policy, to the prevention of work related injury/illness, reducing injury severity and effectively managing the return to work of all workers through structured return to work programs.
Our rehabilitation program promotes:
- Early reporting of workplace injury and illness
- Early intervention including medical and health provider referrals
- Development of structured return to work programs whenever required
- Establishment of suitable and meaningful duties wherever practical, to enable the earliest possible return to partial or full time work
- Consultation with the injured workers and all relevant stakeholders
- Confidentiality of all personal information
- Compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and statutory obligations
We will maintain a supportive and caring culture towards injured or ill workers throughout all rehabilitation processes.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Geostats are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment through the implementation of an equal opportunity program that provides equal opportunities and a supportive, secure work environment for all workers.
We will take a positive and proactive approach to ensure the workforce is aware of all issues related to equal employment, harassment and discrimination.
In line with this, Geostats are committed to:
- Communicating our Equal Opportunity Policy throughout the business
- Ensuring the development of an organisational culture that is free from harassment and discrimination
- Ensuring that our workers are treated fairly, with respect and have equal access to workplace opportunities
- Reviewing business practices regularly to ensure ongoing flexibility and fairness in the application of this policy
We are committed to celebrating our diversity, and as such, we will assist all workers to realise their potential and to add to Geostats strong, enjoyable and focused workplace.
Code of Conduct Policy
Geostats conducts its business with integrity and to the highest levels of ethical behaviour. We expect our staff to act in the same manner.
As a result, our business dealings, including systems and procedures are based on:
- Complying with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory obligations
- Creating an environment and culture that supports ethical behaviour and loyalty
- Acting honestly and with integrity in all of our business dealings and accepting accountability and responsibility for our actions
- Avoiding conflicts of interest
- By exercising objectivity, fairness, equality, proper courtesy, consideration and sensitivity in dealing with customers, employees and other stakeholders
- Recognising and rewarding personal initiative
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others